- This event has passed.
Conference on Peace & Development
December 11, 2017 - December 15, 2017
|Leading Projects of Education to Science and Citizen Sciences since 1992, and creating 1st Participatory Researches Camps in 2004, the NGO Objective Sciences International have the Special Consultative Status to United Nations. Active in all continents, the NGO organize every year, since 2012, the International Annual Conference on Rights of Nature in United Nations, at which one participate all Governments actives in this domain or interested by these works. From 2016, and every year, OSI organize into the heart of the United Nations hemicycle the International Annual Conference on the Citizen Sciences and Participatory Researches, in order to allow all the actors and operators in these domains to exchange, meet and share directly and at the largest international level.|
|Crowd Sourced Sciences
Operators of Citizen Sciences who exchange already at national and continental levels (Europe, America, Asia, Africa, Middle-East…) and who desire to exchange together, and share practices and solutions, at the world level, meet together at the Annual International Conference organized in the United Nations.
FAB LABS / CITIZEN SCIENCE / PARTICIPATIVE RESEARCHES
Several public or associative organizations that are active in the domain of Citizen Sciences or Participative Research, federated or organized, at the national level. The main national actors, the federations, and the specific operators, organized presently at the international level, and are called to meet annually at the end of the civil year, at the International Annual Conference on the Citizen Sciences and the Participative Researches, at United Nations, in Geneva.
This annual space of sharing results and pooling of skills, allow to the actors of the domain to exchange practices, solutions, ideas, needs.
YOUR ANNUAL EXCHANGES RESOURCE
In the following of the national and continental meetings that are organized in each country and continent by the local federation, this International Annual Conference at United Nations allow the actors to implement in consultation, or to inform mutually, of progress and actions they lead during the year, or that they have in project.
THE PARTICIPANTS AT THIS CONFERENCE ARE:
- Local and regional actors of different countries
- Thematic Actors by scientific disciplines
- Regional or national federations
- Thematic Federations, by scientific disciplines
- Large Institutions of Science or Education
- Government departments (Education, Research, Environment, Industry …) and international associations of Ministries
- Specialized Journalists (science, environment, education, sustainable development …)
- UN agencies (UNDP, UNEP …)
SUBJECTS THAT ARE IN THE AGENDA OF DECEMBER 2017 ARE:
- Standards and references of exchange on Citizen Science practices between national and international organizations
- National and international Charts of Citizen Science, examples, projects, ongoing discussions of shares
- Financing Solutions of the actions of Citizen Science
- Access of citizen actors to the Research beyond their simple contributions
- Administrative Status / legislative / recognition / etc of actors of Citizen Science projects
- The Citizen Research, beyond the digital interface
- Expected Features of web portals of Citizen Science
- Services for Citizen Science provided by FabLabs
- Dissemination and Exploitation of the results to the uninvolved Big Public
- Road map for the mutual opening of the data collected
Exchanges between stakeholders of the meeting will happen in a round table between speakers and debates with the audience of the Assembly